- "When one person starts to look at another like a criminal, then the love is over. It's logical." I think this is an interesting quote because it was kind of unexpected and yet it is so true. When people start to blame each other for things and they don't talk things out or trust each other than the relationship is nearing the end of its life. Another interesting point is that the speaker doesn't even blame his girlfriend for anything, he looks at her like a criminal because he worked the graveyard shift at a 7-11 and started to look at everyone like a criminal.
- "I know how all my dreams end anyway." That quote struck me because I don't know how his dreams end. It is a very ominous/resigned tone yet I don't know why its like that. Although he talks about his nightmares in Seattle he doesn't talk about an all encompassing ending and that has me intrigued.
- "There was no one around to ask me to grow up." I felt like I could relate to this quote because I'm in college and on my own. Nobody I know is here to dictate my life and so I can act however I please. I just liked the relatability factor.
Monday, September 16, 2013
The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven.
Basically it's the story of an Indian who can't sleep at night because of his dreams and the heat. Because of his lack of sleep he flashes back to earlier points in his life. Mostly his shortish stay in Seattle and the girlfriend he had their. He brings up issues about racism against Indians as well. I don't yet know what the whole goal of the story was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
After further consideration I have discovered that the main character is Victor from "This Is What It Means to Say Phoenix, Arizona." Of course I could be wrong, but that is my guess.
ReplyDelete