Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Changing

Li'l Abner - I had never heard of Li'l Abner when Mr. Dyer, my theater director, said we were going to be
doing the musical Li'l Abner, in the fall. I felt really bad for the seniors, they were really getting jipped on a senior show. Boy was I wrong! Almost everything about that show was spectacular. I had so much fun. The point of the show is that the hillbillies in this poe-dunk town are trying to save their home from being blown off the map by the government. Meanwhile, Daisy Mae is trying to secure Li'l Abner's affections through marriage. It was very fun for me to be able to dress up in funky clothes and act very cartoonish. It was a really energetic and amusing show. Another great part about the show was that even if you were not a main role you were on stage a whole lot. I got to take my minor character and really get creative with it. I had three different costumes and I was two characters. It was definitely my favorite production at Western. I would definitely do it again.
Grease - You would think that this show would have been really fun to be in but actually, I was looking
forward to the ending. Unlike Li'l Abner, if you were not a main character you barely had any stage time. I was Ms. Lynch, which I was actually really excited about. I love her part in the movie and was excited to be able to play it. Unfortunately, the Ms. Lynch part in the play is much smaller and not as fun as the part in the movie. So, I spent most practices not being really involved in anything. Of course, the leads were great and the show was a hit but I didn't have very much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment