Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trying New Things

The copy I bought
I bought my first comic books today! It's pretty exciting. I went to this store called Vault of Midnight, some of you may have heard of it. I got two Spider-Man comics, one G.I.Joe, and one Flash. I also learned a few things. I read my The Flash. It is one of the new 52 comics, which is apparently a relaunching of the comics. They have new writers and come out weekly. I was very impressed, the only down side is they are so short. Luckily, I discovered you can buy collections of them online in order. Right now they only have vol. 1, which collects issues 1-8 in one place. I am thinking about getting it. I like reading things in order and the comic I read was good enough to make me want more. I am slightly apprehensive about the G.I. Joe comic simply because I read the first page and didn't really know what was going on. When I was a kid we used to own this awesome
animated movie about G.I. Joe, I think we still have the VHS but it got ruined. So that is really sad. Spider-Man is my favorite super hero, I have always liked that he is such a smart alec, it makes it more enjoyable to read. I don't know if you have seen the newest movie about spider-man but I recommend it. It is better than the original movie. I can't wait till 2014 to see the second one!!! I am also going to be getting The Amazing Spider-Man for a birthday/Christmas gift! I am also going to go see Thor 2 this weekend, at least that's the plan at this moment. I heard it is better than the first one and I am getting excited to see it. In other news I finally went to Literatie (I think that's how it's spelled?) and looked at some books. Being in book stores makes me happy, even when I don't buy anything. I turn 19 on Sunday, seems strange to think about. I am looking forward to my birthday though, I always do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment